Thursday, February 3, 2022

Which Headline Is Best?

1. I Almost Got Scammed Out of $5,000. Here’s How to Outsmart the Con Artists

2. The Overpayment Scheme: How to Avoid Getting Scammed

3. 6 Ways to Protect Yourself Against One of the Oldest Cons in the Book

4. Have You Heard of the Overpayment Scheme? I Almost Fell for This Classic Con

5. I Ignored Every Red Flag About This Overpayment Scheme Because I Got Caught Up in the Moment

6. I Got Paid Too Much. Then the Sender Demanded That I Wire Him Back the Difference Immediately.

7. How Con Artists Prey on Freelancers — and 6 Ways to Protect Yourself

8. I Got Scammed Out of $5,000. Almost.

9. A Public Service Announcement for Freelancers: Beware the Overpayment Scheme

10. A P.S.A. for Freelancers: Beware the Overpayment Scheme

11. Here’s How to Protect Yourself Against the Overpayment Scheme

12. A New Client Mailed Me a Check for $5,000 More Than He Owed. What Happened Next Will Shock You

13. Think You’re Too Savvy to Get Scammed? So Did I.

14. Have You Heard of the Overpayment Scheme? Here’s How I Got Scammed.

15. A Scam Every Freelancer Should Be on the Lookout For

Addendum: And the winner is...